My oldest threw a simple April Fool's Party for her friends a couple years ago and they had a blast! She made her friends "report cards" with failing grades and then had an invitation on them. She also asked everyone to bring a prank along to share with everyone. The pranks were really fun and innocent.
They played silly games for the silly holiday:
- Simon Says (opposite style) - you only get out if you do the action WHEN Simon Says. Kind of a tricky one!
• Set back all clocks 1 hour
• Make tap water colored
• Place Saran wrap in inconvenient places (seats, doors, toilets, etc.)
• Make fake nail polish spill
• Swap cereal bags in boxes
• Put on makeup or mustaches on sleeping victims
• Replace deodorant with cream cheese
• Rubber ducks in the toilet
• Replace soap with syrup
• Trap toothbrushes in frozen water in toothbrush cup
• Place Bricks in backpacks
• Decorate car to say “just married”
Refreshments were dirt cups (chocolate pudding, crumbled oreos to represent dirt and gummy worms) and "lemonade" (yellow jello with a straw placed in it before setting). She really tricked her friends with the lemonade!