Today is 3.14--Pi Day! In honor of this day, we like to eat pie. Here's a fast and easy ice cream pie that we will be eating today. My mom taught me how to make this when I was just a girl, and it is still a favorite of mine because I can mix it up quickly and it tastes delicious.-->
- One 1.5 quart carton vanilla ice cream
- One 15 oz can frozen limeade concentrate
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Lime (optional)
- One large graham cracker crust
- Stir together ice cream and limeade concentrate. Depending on the size of your crust, you may not use all of the ice cream. You might have to soften the ice cream to make it easier to blend.
- Add green food coloring if desired (without the food coloring, the pie will just take on the white color of the ice cream).
- Add juice of a lime or lime zest if desired (I sometimes put in juice from a half of a lime--you could put up to a whole lime in if you like your pie tart, or you could leave out the fresh lime juice and it will still taste good).
- Pour mixture in pie shell and freeze for five hours or overnight.
This is also a fun treat to make around this time of year as it is green for St. Patrick's Day. And if you were in the mood for another fast and easy pie, check out this chocolate oreo pie that is equally simple.
Return to Recipes