Our favorite dessert is ice cream. And the best time of year is starting soon--when the berries are season and often on sale. Below is a delicious raspberry ice cream I made recently. We topped it with blueberries and it was perfect!
Homemade Raspberry Ice Cream
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/3 c. sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 1 c. sweetened, condensed milk, cold
- Combine the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk together the whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk until well blended.
- Mash the raspberries to a puree and stir into the whipping cream/sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Transfer mixture to your ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
Return to Recipes