This is a delicious and easy recipe that's great for those days when you are busy and just want to throw something in the slow cooker.-->
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- about 4 medium-sized chicken breasts (depending on size, use fewer if you have very large chicken breasts)
- 1 packet of dry Italian salad dressing
- Put bar of cream cheese on the bottom of the slow cooker (it will soften and melt while it cooks).
- Place chicken on top of cream cheese.
- Top with dry Italian salad dressing (if I don't have salad dressing packets, I have just used regular salad dressing or plain Italian seasoning and it is still good).
- Add a little bit of milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in a slow cooker on low for about 5 hours or until done.
- When chicken is thoroughly cooked, take a fork and and break up chicken--make it as chunky or as shredded as you wish (you can shred it in a mixer if you want it more cut up). Mix the sauce and chicken all together.
- Serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.