This was one of my favorite meals that my mom made for us growing up. We always had this for our family Valentine's Day dinner.-->
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tb cider vinegar
- 2 Tb minced green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 flank steak, about 2 lbs
- Mix ingredients and pour over steak.
- Marinate in refrigerator about 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill until done (will still be a little pink inside). Baste occasionally with marinade.
- Carve into thin slices, cutting diagonally against the grain from top to bottom of steak.
This is a delicious marinade that could also be used over any type of steak--not just flank steak.