This is the family's VERY favorite meal. One that I can actually get the WHOLE family to eat without complaining! We serve it with rice and vegetables.Instructions:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed chicken (about 2 medium sized chicken breasts)
- 2 or 3 cans crescent rolls (depending on how much you fill the rolls)
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned stuffing (rolled fine)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
1. Cook and cube chicken (or use leftover chicken if you have it on hand).
2. Prepare stuffing according to package directions.
3. Mix cream cheese and 1/4 cup margarine, fold in chicken and pepper.
4. Put 1/4 cup of mixture in each roll.
5. Roll up, dip in melted butter, roll in mixture of nuts and stuffing.
6. Let sit 1/2 hour before baking. Then bake at 325 degrees until rolls are golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
7. Heat topping made from cream of chicken soup (thinned slightly with water) and sour cream over stove.
7. Serve rolls with topping.
Return to Recipes